Fireplace

7 Wood-Burning Fireplace Safety Tips

Who doesn’t love the warmth of a fireplace on a cold winter evening? However, you can enjoy the benefits of a fire also comes great responsibility. That your fireplace is safe, every year, a good start is ensure. Safe fires throughout the winter with the following fireplace maintenance and safety tips:

Have the chimney inspected each year and have a professional clean it when necessary.

While this may seem like an unnecessary expense, it can be helpful, your prices for insurance have certified your chimney W. E. T. T. (wood energy technology Transfer). How good that your chimney cleaned and inspected on a regular basis can damage, avoid costly repairs, and fire.

Install a chimney cap to ensure that animals or birds blocking the flue.

Chimneys is the perfect place for raccoons, squirrels and other small animals and birds. Chimney caps with screens can help prevent them in the chimney and causing a blockage. As well, a chimney cap can prevent rain from penetrating into the chimney and eating away at the mortar and brick.

You can use a fireplace.

Concrete is a very durable surface, but also, the longer direct fire, it will ruin it. The fireplace grate allows for better protection of the fireplace by saving the floor in front of direct heat, saving you money on replacement costs and an extension of the fireplace life expectancy.

You have a fire extinguisher in the vicinity, and they install both smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Chimney fires are responsible for millions of dollars each year, the home and content damage. With a fire extinguisher in the vicinity, and the early detection of problems, the help by a smoke or carbon monoxide detector can you ensure the safety of your family.

Clean out the ash after every fire

Enter to cool the ash for at least 24 hours before removing them from the fireplace. Store ashes in a noncombustible container outside of the house, until you dispose of them properly.

Clear the area around the fireplace of flammable objects and materials.

Everyday objects such as plastic toys & plants, papers, and liquids such as nail Polish & remover are highly flammable are kept away from the fireplace. Even a small spark can lead to these objects, at the start of the fire.

Do not close the damper until the embers burned out completely.

Can embers stay hot for up to two days after a fire. The door should remain open, even if it is burning a fire to prevent carbon monoxide from staying in your house. NEVER LEAVE THE FIRE UNATTENDED!

If you follow the above tips, your family can enjoy the crackling, and the beauty of a wood fire, all while feeling safe and protected.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Close
Back to top button
Close
Close